Sunday, November 14, 2010

As The Bubble Bursts....

Nov 14 8:38pm Paris

Finally I can jab at my Blackberry and make this post happen. Not sure why I'm sitting up straight with this aching lower back pain I have... After ironing a few uniforms as I start my first day of work tomorrow...sigh.
Before the ironing my Jollof Rice craving was settled... More or less running from church and almost wishing the train could move any faster I arrive 5 floors up my apartment building and change to my raggedy clothes and in a frenzy my stew and what would be eventually jollof rice was well on its way. I had perviously raosted some "awo" aka Guinea fowl so protein solved too!

After much ado... Late Lunch/Dinner was served.

Anyway.... My bubble and euphoria of my Graduation on Friday has reduced dramatically size wise and should burst finally when my alarm goes off at 7:14am tomorrow morning! Yes the excitement of dressing up, looking like a million euros, collecting your certificate being cheered yes all that jazz would turn into "real life" tomorrow

Graduation
The Morning of graduation started off with me thanking God and sending messages to my family thanking them for their support and also, calling my mum who was already losing it that I hadn't called her.... So I speak to her and my Dad... Prayers were said and all the mushy stuff included...
Then had to deal with some BBM messages... Then it was dress up time and my 1:30pm I was out of the door

Walking through Madeleine Metro station making my way through Rue Royale past all the Prada, Hermes, TODs, Gucci and all the designer royalty on Rue Fabroug Saint Honore my friend Michael and I confidently strode past whlist locating the building where my ceremony was going to take place...
Yes in my C/A, Celio and David Wej ensemble... I walked like I could buy the street if they vexed me... Yes I did... Some day I would..True Story but for now... I"ll just walk on by


Arriving the the grandeur trapped in concrete..aka the venue... All the asians where already there in their usual group...my friend and I enter I and figure out how to make sure my friends who were coming could get in without
Me coming to get then since they were going to be late...
As my friend and I and in the foyer chilling and taking preliminary pictures, who does he spot... James Cameron! I didn't even know what he looked like but... All I needed to hear was that he directed Avatar and Titanic... *kaching!*
So trust me.. I knew his wife was my friends mum and I went the mum route and got to him... To cut a long story short.. During the ceremony he calls out to me and congratulates me and I ask for a picture and he says "why not! Sure!" Voila!!!! Picture below *SmileyFace* *yyyaayyy*

The ceremony was mercifully not dragged... To the point though with some "speeches" but still good... All my friends looked good..but if I must say.. Male wise... Yours Truly killed it!! Yes I gave them GQ baby! LOL!
On my way to pick my award.. I didn't know when I did a small victory dance... Yes ... It was my graduation I could dance if I wanted to!
Only for my friend to be squeezing face that why was "I showing myself" I replied "ah! You where shy of me??" "Eh.. Some people didn't like also, they were looking at you funny" he replied... Then I looked at him squarely and asked him in pidgin "Na them pay my skuu fees??, Dem gimme money chop? Dem pay ma haus rent?? Abegi! Make dem cack!!!!!" He smiled, shook his head and I made it clear that my Joy knows no bounds today hence this raining on my parade buisness wasn't just going to work!

At this point I think I can I truly say that really success has many friends and failure has none! My phone just kept on going off with alerts everywhere... Facebook, Twitter, BBM... Everything!!! I was so humbled! People I hadn't heard from in forever hollered at me and have already booked me for weddings.... But trust people Nigerians espcially... All ready asking for discount! *hiss*
And everyone was so proud of me saying that I took an unconventional step and I made it!
Sigh... I thanked as many I as I could and made a general shoutout to everyone.... Thanking them and reauesting that all this "support" be bankable in near future....

My Japanese friend Hitomi made 2nd Best student and Won Hoo made Best student and no one could contest!!! He's the baba of Food! Ahan! Kilode!!!

After much talk and picture taking, the ceremony is over and its time for champagne and hor d'ourves aka small chops... After 3 glasses of bubbly and my almost savage grabbing of the seared Tuna steaks and Pain des Epice I switch to juice... And start chatting with the endless graduates and people at the gallery...

After the cocktail... I meet up with my friend Chantily ..I'm the only one that ever talked and bonded with her in class so.. We love each other a bit ... My friend Chigba was with me and we all had some drink and by 7pm I was off to Hotel De Ville to meet up with Zoe for her Dinner paid for by her parents... *freefoodrocks!* *LoL!*

Dinner was at a Restaurant called Robert et Lousie in the Marias... Its an open fire grill restaurant. The restaurant was a like a live spectacle for good interpretation of the medieval times... Been open for almost 50yrs I think... Brick walls, benches and wooden chairs... A non fancy grill with staright up firewood and Huge Steaks grilled with Lard... No hanky panky stuff... Just real-in-your-face food

Dinner was great... Antonio and his mum present, with Zoe's younger brother, her godfather (I think) Leonardo and Antonio's friend from Portugal as well... Between all of us... We probably ate 20kilos of Beef!!!!!

Good times....

I couldn't make it to party extra as I was like an crocodile who had used up all his lactic energy and was now big and near lifeless after such a long day.... I think the Adrenalin had finished in my body!

On my way home as I took my whole day in... The emotions finally came through... I really considered the sacrifices made by my family, the opportunity I had to do this, the inspiration everyone told me I had been.... I had to hold back the tears... And everything I said about not being selfish.. I started reconsidering... I wish my at least one person was here.... I won't lie was jealous of Antonio ...LOL he had his mum...

Getting home... My plan was to type a few words but watching a show was an easier chore...but 5mins into the show... It all became blurry and it wasn't the computer shutting down....

As I finish this post I'm on the semi-bumpy ride to Work.... At 9am this bubble would finally burst....

Hello Reality?

Merci Segnieur Vous etês Tres Encroyablè!!!

A Bientot!

3 comments:

omoge black said...

much love chef freg....tooooo proud of you...
funsho... mummy wants grilled chicken n please bring back a french bobo for me... naija boys no like me... :(

funsho

dew said...

lol @ Omoge black
Congrats Chef!

Michael (The friend Who got to the Grad venue with u) said...

I stumbled on this and after reading I am laughing my head off.

Nice one man. But who tell u say I shame for u when u go collect your diploma? Nyways c u on saturday.

PS: We are all really proud of u and yes we will ask for discounts. For me when I want the discount, I will remind u of our days of trekking in Chateau Rouge together. That ought to do the trick.

Post a Comment