Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Fine Saturday in Normandy

Nov 6th. Day 2 11am
Morning

Waking up to tranquil,quiet and cows moo-ing ibreaking up the silence is definitely better than the sirens and the rush hour traffic horns I wake up to from my 5th floor apartment and also the bell of the bus I seem to constantly miss on my way to school... Sigh

Yes waking up this morning had a real holiday feel to it... No 8am class to rush to or even a 3pm class to consider... At 7:04am I was the first to get up... After strolling to the kitchen and having 2 glasses of orange juice I go back to my room to pray and commit myself to God and the remainder of the trip. And I read my Bible... Good stuff!

Eventually everyone gets up... I run to Zoe's in particular to see what she looked like first thing in the morning because she usually is all prim and pretty in her black ensemble and her Sarah-Jessica Parker Shades and coffee in her hand with her cigarette that always makes her look like a movie star! Any ways she refused that I see her especially as she was hungover! But after much pleading I catch a glimspe she still looked beautiful I thought....

After much do we are on our way to the fish market that we suspect we. Are extremely late for! As I type this I'm starting to feel sick. Maybe it was the pasta I ate before we left... Sigh. I'm looking out to the mountains and hills with the dramatic art of autumn. Gosh! its beautiful the country side! For me this was what I read in enid blyton novels or scenery out of a semi-medival movie of pictures from classic english movies that invoved mountains, small farm houses, cows grazing, I even saw some white goats...they looked exremely cute! Check out the black version we have in Nigeria...*sigh*

Evening 4:26pm
I still feel terribly constipated with a couple headache... I feel blue and bloated..I won't lie too much to eat and drink...sigh...
However the market trip was fun! First of all though we missed the fish market! But It was still great to walk down an almost endless aisle of fresh produce and other artisians selling other. Regular items like clothes and DVD for example. Tonight was Brazilian Night so Leonardo was cooking but finding prawns was proving quite difficult but eventually we found the "Possionerie" aka Fish Shop that was next to this old cathedral it looked abandned but good dramtic looks. My friends picked up like 2million Oysters and all d shellfish they needed..Then I picked up some red onions for my jollof rice and Leo got the rest of the stuff he needed then we headed to the supermarket then home to start cooking.
At this point I must say I really loved the way all of us "Chef" are in one house cooking... Even though its Leos Night everyone put in a hand to help with e cooking, Hitomi (the Japanese girl who I'm convinced has in built steroid reserves as she is just way too efficient!) She was. Chopping something, I was drinking something, Zoe was shucking the Oysters, and Inigo was making us a spanish Tortilla (Eggs and Potatoes, Mayonnaise...yes not a waist friendly dish) but sadly it didn't work out but in it mushy state it was delicious! His mayonaise was light and tasty! Hmmm!

Most people starting with me took a nap and everyone except me went to the cheese makers next door and when they returned the couldn't hold the excitemrnt on how amazing the experience was milking cows themsleves and seeing how their cheese was made. Too bad I missed. Anyway after much ado in the kitchen Brazilan food is served! "CamarĂ£o na Moranga" "Prwans in Pumpkin.... All I can say... I have to make that dish again!!!!!!! What! That food was DELICIOUS! Ahan!!! Leo made "" a pumkin and seafood cream sauce with vegetables and with basmati rice that had parsley and olives in it! Before bed we played this funny hand game and one by one we signed out to our respective bed rooms. Well that was before we dozed of to "No Reservations- Anthony Bourdain"

So I'm about to pass out now...some gas is getting out of my constipated self... I'm looking forward to cooking my Jollof rice tomorrow... Sucks I can't go to church or even church online... Oh well...

Before I sign out I would like to Thank God for Life to be able to experience this and also for provding for the trip! I don't work but I have more than enough...Jesus you are to much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment