Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Le Finale......

LE FINALE….

Its 12:07am and i just finished ironing my uniforms that i would wear officially for the least time as I cook my final dish at the Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute, Paris France.

As I type this…I won’t lie I'm somewhat emotionless…. I don’t know whether I feeling like I'm at my ninth month and I'm about to drop the baby or if I'm contestant on a live reality TV show and I'm waiting for the announcement to be made that would crown me the winner or the taker of some prize or as my friend Bolaltito Ladoja would think “maybe I'm about to told I'm “Top Chef” by Padma Lakshimi and given agreement nods from Gail Simmons and Tom Colicchio” *sigh*

All these run through my mind….. but nothing …. still….

However, as I consciously look back… I see I have come a long way! Referring to the Facebook message I got from my sister 20mins ago… she asked if I was up to standard now and if I was better than when I arrived Paris…. My answer “MOST DEFINITELY I have learnt soooo much!!!!!” so yes I'm definitely a better cook and my skills have been pointed in the right direction. And again I look back and see how blessed and fortunate I am to have had this experience… like we would say in Nigeria “ it’s not a beans or a poraro”  aka it not easy to live and study in Paris… it’s the sweet and good Lords doing and I'm so grateful
And if your thinking and wondering “ermmm so you are a chef proper right?” errr NO!!!

Cordon Bleu isn’t your paid stamp to being a Chef…. But I'm in transition… all I have learnt from Cordon Bleu usually take other years to learn… but what I have learnt in *months I still have to practice it daily and improve and with time (5 years plus I guess…) metamorphosis would take place and voila….. “CHEF!!!”  but I know many people aren’t going to give it a rest…. And so would I ???!!!
 I am “Chef Fregz!!!!”  LOL! Yes so know who I am!!

I'm looking forward to my Trip to Normandy…. (Its another region, north of France) 5 days in the country side in the middle of the “woods” with friends….. it should be fun I hope… because it was quite the pocket driller….

As I stop to type and end this post I would like to apprieciate my Father in Heaven and Jesus the lover of my soul… I'm not worthy at all of what I have… but all the same… daily I'm loaded with His benefits… then my grandfather… Prof A.B  Kasunmu…. I don’t know how to thank you! Uncle Segun who sparked this Paris thing… my awesome Aunty Toyin … you really fought for me…  Aunty Tosin…. Hmmmm God bless you… happy I could always talk to you… Aunty Bola…. I saw another side of you I never knew….youre so loving and awesome… also Aunty Bola Odukale…. Infact… your own is just too much!!! God will bless you!! 
Ok….im having brain freeze now… erm Uncle Tunde Kasunmu and Odukale….silent but very supportive!! Thank you… ohhh!lest i forget! My darling grandma!!! If anything… you always pray for me! And thanks for the support too! love you much!
To my Mother… I can’t but thank God daily for you… (though we almost want to annoy each other to oblivion) you’re special to me….  I will make you and everyone so proud!
Daddy thanks for doing what you could…. I appreciate it so much!!! I know would do much more if you could! Thanks!
Toju… I love how we loved each other more when I moved far…. So proud of you

Ok now… if you’ve ever supported me in anyway prayers, calls, BBMs, what have you…. Thank you…

Funny thing is as I end this journey another begins…. So this is to better and brighter days ahead…

I shall work with the best and be the best…. My life from here just has to be more awesome…
so im gonna cook my life out tomorrow!! i hope to make time and just be on point! i go in with my Father's blessing and help....

A Finale…. Je Prend La Victorie!

A Bientot!

2 comments:

Bidemi Omonaiye said...

congrats fregz!!!!

Iruka Obi said...

felitacions mon ami. I'm very proud of you!....You've helped me realize that no matter how strange, absurd or abnormal your passion is, as long as it's God you sent you.....only amazing things can happen.....I pray you wisdom of the ages as you move to the next phase.....God keep you love!...once again, congrats!

Post a Comment