Thursday, November 11, 2010

Normandy.....La Fin

Nov 10 2010
Today is the final day we are on the way back to Paris...typing this as I take the scenery in as we ride past, I have Oleku by IcePrince and Byrmo pumping in my ears as I do this...after all the drama that transpired last night, the kissing and making up this morning...the reality is really setting in... We are all saying goodbyes slowly...

At this point I'm not sad or depressed like that but at the same time its kinda hard to see this amazing 5days of feasting and laughter just end like that and its back to the reality of Paris, work, stinky metros, my five floors of stairs I need to climb everyday ....*sigh*

Moreover there's the issue of really running again! I'm strongly convinced beyond reasonable and unreasonable doubt that I have put on maybe 10billion kilograms! I mean I didn't hold back.... Fatty Bacon, Salami, Baugettes, Creamy desserts, Endless sugar filled treats, Apple Crumble, wine... Yes the whole nine yards! Sigh! My stomach I'm sure would remind you of the recently beached whale at the beach in Lagos or a sun bathing Walrus...sigh

But it was all worth it... This trip dug deep into my pocket also..but I live once, so...oh well, I was inspired, my passion for cooking and food was fuelled, got to know people better, grow as a person... So at the end of the day its a small price I have paid... And thankfully God has already provided!

But I would love to re-live this experience again.... Looking at cows grazing on picturesque fields, calm horses chewing every last strand of grass from the earth, drinking fresh milk from cows!, seeing the dramtic backdrop of the autumn spiked vegetation, plucking apples from the trees....hmmm
My friends and I have planned to do this in another 2 years... Re-union things, And I want some of my Nigerian friends to do this as well and even my family...just anyone one would be as exposed as me and open-minded to do this

We almost in Paris now... *sigh* but as I think and allow my mind replay everything, I just stand in awe of my Lord God Almighty.... Sometimes I just feel this is too much... I'm not faithful but he blesses me...Thank You Lord..help me to honour You more

If your are reading this and you wonder why I ALWAYS thank God... Please search for him through Jesus..The Truth The Way and the Life... Who has made all this possible for me...He can do the same for you and more importantly save your soul...

This post is dedicated also to my Aunty Yemi Shonubi... I see I have not done you justice by mentioning you.... You were the one that God used to spark this dream into the reality it is today....God bless you aunty! Thanks for the "Monday deadline" and the encouragement to research schools online.. You are the best aunty! Your children's dreams would see the light of day!

To my family and everyone that is pushing me...I love and thank you!

A Bientot!

P:S The post for the previous days are still in the works... So...pardon my apparent not so smart move! Post soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment