Friday, November 5, 2010

Normandy

As I type this I'm on the metro to a friends place from which the group of us from school would go to Normandy...

Wow... So 8months gone like that.... I still feel Numb and no feeling of anything... I think I'm still worried about my mishaps at d last minute in my exam...or that I finished and nothing more....don't even know

Last night I decided to just spoil myself a friend and I went to have Breakfast at 8pm! Saw 2 movies while I was half asleep in them...then at midnight I decided to induldge in MacDonalds! Yes me the weight loss activist... Sigh Actually what I bought was small and it suprisngly tasted good! Anyway is was an indian spiced thing.... I had being craving. Sprite so had a medium one... And a small bag of fries (pls don't judge me! I was celebrating)

Waking up this morning was like conquering mount Everest... I felt like I had to much to drink and was suffering the reverse consequences simply termed "hangover" yes I felt heavy... Drained...
But I had to get up and get ready for my trip...and I had to clean up my kitchen a bit....and my room... But time went so fast! And I had to hop in and out of the shower like a hurdle athlete rushing to the finish line. I make to my friends house just in time for the meet up to go the the house in Normandy

Anyway I as I type I'm in my friends car driving through the beautiful near endless green vastness of vegetation and fields. Seeing helthy cow calmly grazing was actually beautiful...
It was like a real road trip you see in movies...not like sleeping through the bad roads and boring vegetation on Ibadan express or the highways to Osun state or Onishta while the poor driver endures endless hours of driving. Anyways I slept and I don't mind putting up a picture my friend took of me with my phone! Beacuse we had run out of gist and games to play!
After much checking of Google maps and finally figuring the house address... About two and a half hours to be precise...

We arrive at the house... Its an endless vastness of hectares with a pool, the main house a horse stable, a table teniis and garden area, an like 10 apple trees! Apples were all over the floor! There was also a horse chilling in its zones...

Stepping into the house was amazing! The owner Paul and his wife had done nothing short of an amazing job to what used to be an old stable and created a fine balance between old and new. The outer part of the house were old brick walls and the interior was well furnished with updated furniture, flat screen TV, sound system... THE KITCHEN!!!! I can't even start to do justice with a description! Its was spacy with a huge centre wood top that doubled as shelves for plates and all which aslo could double as a dining table, it also had. Chopping board fitted into it...had everything we needed tho the knives were a bit blunt but oh well!
The dining room proper was just superb! We all were starting to feel like we are at some fancy mansion/hotel! The rooms too were just simple but great. I got a room that had this huge fire place but its wasn't too cold to light any fire and I didn't want to stand the risk of committing arson anyway.

Our spanish friend Inigo cooked his grandmothers pasta with creamed courgette soup for us... Delicious! And we are still looking forward to Paella! And all the other themed nights we going to have. And Yes my own theme is Jollof with Stew and dodo. I think if I wanted to do Eba or poundo they would curse me!

By dinner I had had a bit too much to drink and resorted to drowning out the alcohol with water I felt like a walrus! Heavy! Oh well...

Its about 2am by now... I didn't mention I have been banned from using my Blackberry when I'm around everyone... I can only use it now because I said I was going to bed and I just needed to blog about this....I've already been teased about not having my crack and if I'm twitching yet? If I also needed my fix... Well honestly it felt like that.... One hour without my BB I felt like my shares at the stock exchange were crahsing and if I didn't chat or check my twitter I wouldn't be able to save them! *sigh* God bless RIM all the same!

So this is day One.. Four more days to go... Graduation next week and also my IT....

0 comments:

Post a Comment