Saturday, April 17, 2010

WAKING UP FROM MY HIBERNATION……

And the Story goes....

Alright….i have not abandoned by blog…. Its just really hard and school is really crazy….ok I confess I have been lazy for the most part…but do you blame me? The past two weeks have been crazy! School and visits! (ok I'm too shameful too include the wasted hours on Facebook, Youtube and How I Met Your Mother)
First it was Taiye, Alero Danner and Alero Balogun’s visit…I had to juggle between school then almost right after Aunty Bola comes with the girls….*sigh* but I'm only sighing because It was like a whole week I didn’t have time to write anything…because it was one gallivanting trip after the other!
I plan on posting some stuff I have previously put down also with previous intentions to post as well but never got round finishing it or doing my spell check so I m just going to post this to keep you guys informed and also shots from all that has happened to me in the last 2 weeks…I think?
Before I go on…like play I have been in Paris now for 1 month and 5days! Wow!!! It s been good I won’t lie..but had its challenges too! Bt I wont go into all that detail.
In that past 2 weeks like I mentioned earlier I had Taiye, Alero Balogun and Alero Danner all three of my cousins come visit…well Taiye and Alero did a by force trip to Paris despite seeming odds! Just to see me and Alero Danner who works outside Paris. This visit was particularly fun and extremely pricey!!!! My gosh! When Alero B and Taiye Inisted we must eat at restaurants for lunch and dinner…it dug a hole in my thigh sef!!! But not to discredit Alero and Taiye totally they tried at least…Taiye paid my 8 euros for the Pantheon Tour…which was phenomenal by the way! Alero B paid my 29 euros for my bus tour…
All in all we had a good time roaming the streets of paris, Window shooping at Louis Vuitton, awing at the Eiffel Tower, having endless risottos, laughing to family stories over bistro steaks, tasteless pasta dishes and braised lamb!!! And on the restaurant note I made the mistake of unconciosuly letting my culinary knowledge shine through when we went to eat…the last thing I mentioned braised lamb is now an everlasting joke between the three of us! Alero B was the first to leave after spending really a day and say a half as well…Alero D followed so Taiyes was the last to leave for London then Yankee…so we spent the last day in quite a special way..after seeing Alero D off at the metro we settle for one last Bistro breakfast and Taiye ordered her K constant CREPES!!!! She claimed in America all she got were thick pancakes! And she wanted a true Parisian experience…hmmm after our breakfast we go to my school and I sign her up for my demo class. She was generally thrilled even constantly jabbing at her BlackBerry informing the world she was live at Le Cordon Bleu…Her “cousin’s” school! Also her camera flashed at the chef’s finished works and when it came to the tastign she was even more impressed and wondered how it was so tasty without the Chicken being drenched and smothered in excess spice (Nigerian Style) and staying over night (Yankee Style ) between her occasional “hmms and wows” at the fact I was truly living my dreams first class….we still find time to laugh at stuff especially Aunty Rosalind..who we both agreed would have loved to be here more than anyone else…. Sadly, demo class ended which also meant it was time for Taiye to go her train was at 6:15pm bu t I had a practical class so I could not hang out with her any more….so we take one last awesome picture and hug and say bye….


Aunty Bola’s Visit….
Taiye left on a Thursday and my Aunty Bola and my cousins Seun, Ayomide and Momo arrive Paris on Friday night… my excited was really heightened not really because I was seeing more family..but I was seeing rich family members this time around! (Taiye and Alero please don’t be offended! lol!) but my excitement however dampened when at the platform I sighted everyone above except uncle Segun! Why was I disappointed? Because I missed the following…
1. The possibility that I would dine at Michelin Starred restaurant
2. That I would get the money to purchase my itouch I have been dreaming and window shopping about!
3. The two were my hopes and near convictions..but were cut short when I realized Uncle Segun was not coming!
With due respect to aunty Bola…she ain't broke but she ain’t Uncle Segun either..as I found out he’s the more interesting one..but he strictly business back in Nigeria….and that’s the only version I get to see!!!! *sigh*
Nevertheless aunty Bola tried even if it was so convenient for her to make me take the girls to Disney while she did her shopping….
So yes her primary purpose for Paris was to take the girls to Disney and her to see if she can do some shopping…for me it meant my Taiye visit money reimbursed..courstesy my dear grandpa…and my camera money from aunty Bola and my loving Grandma…and any change or clothes that could be bought without spending my money! Strangley enough I was not really feeling Disney at first in my mind I was like “ah! When I can follow aunty Bola and purchase a shirt or two…I would be seeing Mickey mouse!? *hiss*” but when 8pm drew that day while on the train back to Paris I was recounting how I became a 10 year old again…hwo I even made my cousins run for another round of Hollywood rollercoaster!!!! How generally somewhat bonded with them and got to know them better…funny the parade I had snubbed in my mind was arguably my best part sef! I think it was the music…”Once upon a dream” that touched me the most….i relate to that because I'm at a point of my life where I had only been to in my dreams…and further awe-inspiring was the fact that all this thrill and excitement that attracted the hundreds of thousands of people, children even people in htier wheelchairs stood at attention when cartoon characters made their way through the parade was one mans dream in 1927….dead but still very much alive….on the train while I pretended to be asleep, I was really dreaming of my impact still affecting millions even long after I am gone…. In all Disney was a blast!!! I cant even start to talk about it…maybe I would wirte a book sef!
After all this partying and expensive tripping..Monday morning happens….the reality bites deep…I'm back to my normal life! *sighs*

School has been great and also particularly tiring…there are days I really don’t want to even go..or days I'm physically and spiritually battling sleep during everlasting demo classes! But when I think about what lies ahead and the millions that was paid for me to realize this dream “omo I dey like go school wella!”
School takes a lot from you…3 hours of demo…then another grueling race to prepare one plate of
At school I won’t lie I feel alone and left out sometimes…why? Because there all the cliques and their languages and there not even half a Nigerian to speak pidgin with! Even the black people that work in my school it hurts more when I cant even realte to them because of this language barrier! It still amuses me how u can be black and not speak English or pidgin?! When the Brazilians settle down to laugh in Portugese, the Asians have a go at each other and even the American babes chill with themselves…then ……there’s me… I know I'm being dramatic for one at least Inigo is my friend but at the same time when he and Juan talk they speak Spanish RIGHT IN FORNT OF ME! I always scream they must speak English when I'm there but they claim I would pick up the language! But those two are probably my friends like that, Leticia is cool but we don’t get to see like that again because of our schedules…
Still on the people note…I have started attending Hillsong here in Paris (I'm not sure I have blogged about it but oh well) its different but God is there…I mean Praise and worship for me involves some ko-mole-ing, some lifting of hands, some Arlanta, some yahooze sef…but here e bi like rock concert….but like I said God is there…I don dey jump for church to guitar and strings praise and worship!!!
Church here is soo chill…no pressures to extra baff up! I'm mean in my skinny jeans and plaid shirt…I feel overdressed sef! Last week I even gave them Buba and Sokoto! Lol! Service is one hour pam! There’s coffee after wards…everybody is nice…ah! Met a few people like Aaron and Jai…and yes the service is in both English and French so that’s also why I have decided to make it my Paris church!!!…(Dolapo Adesanmi God bless you for the recommendation!) so from church I am invited to the pub to hang out…and I'm like “ahan! Church people they jam for pub?” “so we go drink coke abi?” “ah!” boys I know go come this church o!
So when the hang out date comes…(it was actually the night Aunty Bola got in) as I approached the bar..I still wondered what this was about…but getting in….it really was just younf people from church hanging out….one or two people had beer…hmmm…just a pint….at least abi?...hmmm then people like me just looked and talked to people… also the pub was blasting some kain jams like this …in my mind I was like na wa o! church jamming dey make me wan club sef! The omo it was a funny to see some people dance….LOL!!! then from nowhere GAOU IS PLAYED! Omo see me holding myself from doing one mad Makossa number! Omo on my seat I was doing some mad Arlanta! But I was too shy to get up and dance…one girl was gingering me but I looked at myself and said “make I no come look like one bush boy now o!” i wont lie when I left the bar that night I was nto impressed…. So the next meeting at Starbucks…I had made up my mind I was not going to go…but one hour after 7:30pm (time of the meet) I run down to the place(it's close to my house) and to my amazement…I was actually blessed…it was just a group of friends who were honestly and casually talking about having a Holy Curiousity… I was soo moved to see young Oyibo people talk so lovingly about their status in Christ…and it wasn’t your typical Nigerian-preaching-word-study-meet where nobody apart from the “pastor” preaches everything even after he promised the meet was going to be very ‘interractive”! so yeah I know with time I would have some friends from church…because I plan to serve in church and not just pass through the church…

On a personal Note…
I'm learning a lot…especially about God, repecting money, hardwork, and the power of being organized and strong willed!
On the God note..let’s just say I have been taking Grace for granted and taking advantage of it in the wrong sense and not maximizing its power to move me forward…but yet I literally feel the blessing and the Hand of God over me daily, I still feel His Love…His Reproof….His Mercy …His favour…His everything….
Indeed a wonderful savior, and Friend
On respecting money…I'm learning how to be diligent and deal savvy/ it helps to go out without money and keep a written track of expenses. Also just respect yourself…because you want it does not mean you need it!

Also I cut my hair into a punk/Mohawk (t not yes wat-da-hell was I thinkin!?)

I am going to still post some of my entries I had typed out but did not post…
I'm doing this to keep you guys still believing in me…I would break this procrastination hold! IJN!!!

All in all I have decided to post my blog in summary formats as opposed to my diary style everyday logs…primarly because of its painstanking devotion and time its needs which i dont have as such any more....however I would do it regularly at least Twice a week…everyday is a nightmare! But weekends mostly because that when I have time most….

Before I call it a wrap….I'm looking forward to Wed next week, Leonado and I are cooking for a dinner party for a few friends from school…Juan is hosting!

so I sign out now, and still proclaim how blessed I am….
My Family…. I love you! God I'm over grateful!!!!

A Bientot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment