Saturday, April 24, 2010

Disappointments, Self-Disrespect, Shocks and possibly the Most Boring Saturday ever!

April 24, 2010

As my keyboard feels the constant jabbing of my fingertips, I'm still basking in the thoughts of my devotional this morning…in fact more like the fear sef…the Word is really a double edged sword...it did pierce me this morning!

Sadly, yesterday Kristen and I didn’t go to Monamarte and I was so annoyed! Apparently she misunderstood when I called and told her I was at the station at a certain exit, while she waited for me down in the metro! *sigh* so I came back home to eat copious amounts of food in annoyance! (how wise!)


But during my one and a half hour wait for Kristen, I notice I was in a really cream zones, Hackket was right across the road…so I decide to venture to at least look…it doesn’t hurt to look right? But after my walking in and my almost immediate walking out…It made sense…it hurts to even look when poverty is your backing! In the store they didn’t have prices on their stuff, that was the first hint I should get out, but I still formed what “no shirt last last 50 Euros I go close eye buy!” then I now find a shirt with a tag on it “135 Euros” that was when my brain kicked my feet into swift motions towards the glass exit! The assistants I think had even sized me up I'm sure “uh poor boy why did he bother!” because they where free and didn’t bother forming “Bonjour Monsieur need help?”

Then I further disrespected myself and entered a mall that that said “LE BON MARCHE” but I foolishly ignored the security guard in front of the mall…dressed in a suit! But proud me I entered…but when all I could see where Armani Socks that were 30 Euros and Leather bags that were 680 Euros….. I told myself since I wasn’t Uncle Segun Fagboyegun or Tunde Odukale…yet…I can like to stick to the rivers and lakes that I'm used too…(H&M Delaveine and Co) this was some serious Niagara waterfalls stuffs!


More importantly, something both strange, funny and somewhat comforting happened to me on the way to Kristen….first let me mention I was sporting an awesome Nigerian Look…I had on some brown Woodin top (I have had forever) and instead of its matching Sokoto I wear some light brown denim trousers with my Moccasins and finished up with my Shades and I didn’t need Vogue magazine or GQ to tell me I was Gbono Feli Feli! (Smokin’Hot!) So with my confidence on a marijuana high I bounce to the metro and stop by my now guilty pleasure bakery store for a small baguette or something when this Seriously Black-African-Chateau Rouge man passes me and slowly starts breaking into a smile… in my mind

1. Awwww….he noticed my outfit and it reminds him of home…I'm flattered
2. I know me too I miss home and I am repping the AFR-I CAN

Then his pause and gesture towards me bursts all those thoughts then in French he starts saying something…and I reply back in my demi-french that I'm English and I don’t understand French fully well…thinking he would get the gist and free…he pressed on with this his issue then it hit me! He was begging me for money to buy phone card to call!

My mind…

1. “abi u chop confuse! Because say I wear African cloth I com be ur telephone man! I be France Telecom! Shooo see me see troboh o! Osalobuwa! Hee!
2. See familiar spirit o! untop say I baff up u com dey tax me….mcheww!

But my lips only replied “j’ne pas” in repeated succession (not caring that I was not making obvious sense!) and I walked away before the story would be different! But as
I walked away I sort of felt like I finally sort of identified with my kind….dunno…it’s hard not having Nigerians or Black people that speak English around me…*snifs*

Staying at home with food at your disposal does not have its benefits! Especially when you go to culinary school with so much leftovers in your fridge!

Yesterday was a hangout at a pub with people from church but I opted not to go…..i don’t know why I'm becoming anti social? *sigh* but there would be many other Fridays and frankly the last one I went for was boring! Ok I'm being a drama queen… I would go for the next one… I'm actually looking forward to this coming Wednesday when I meet up with a connect group at Starbucks…that’s when we share the Word…it’s pretty awesome!

As for what I plan on doing today I'm so totally lost! I'm tempted to go shopping but...I’m trying to save money to need to pay utilities and just generally drown my tendencies of becoming an addicted impulse buyer!

By the mercies of God my bank finally got my details right and my account should be running by today…now all my loving friends and family that want to send me money can do so and I can get my BB working! Carol Ofem I can’t wait to be in constant communication with you!

Please try and leave comments about my new look…as per the blog’s new look…
So I'm looking forward to another day of possibly staying home with www.free-tv-video-online.info to watch endless shows along tortilla chips and noodles!

Before i sign off...I saw these on Facebook and i just had to share it!

He said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would keep him from the Presidency. He did get the votes, but could not become President.....Tancredo de Almeida Neves....(the dude died a day before he was to be sworn in)
Just one day before he was to take the oath of office, Neves became severely ill. He suffered from abdominal complications and developed generalized infections. After seven operations, Neves died.
Only a Fool who would say i his hear that there is no God....and only a fool would doubt proofs.

"A certain man had a flat in the front of a psychiatric hospital. He loosened the nuts and incidentally,the nuts fell into the the gutter through the cracks on the slabs covering the gutter and he didn't know what to do. It so happened that one of the inmates that had been watching him told him to use 1 nut from each wheel to hold that particular wheel. The car owner was impressed and told the inmate that with his smartness,he wonders why he's in there. The inmate responded,' I'm in here for being crazy not for being stupid.'

A Bientot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment