Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Sunday.....

Avril 18 2010

As I write this, its about 8pm and I'm literally just stepping in from church…went for the 4pm service and decided to chill for the 6pm one as well since I had nothing but a boring box (my studio flat) to look forward to….Also coupled with the fact that the word was hot sooo why not. I thought to myself!

From my earlier post you must have seen my shock and confusion at the style of worship at Hillsong…but check me out today! In my Ankara tunic and skinny jeans losing my mind like I was at some Rock concert…yes the Hillsong/Oyibo worship style has entred me and I must say its not soooo bad! Church was fantastic…the sermon just on point…and also before I went to Hillsong I had done my online service with Pastor Taiwo…both first and second service …my my my was it GREAT!!!! God spoke to me personally through the message!!! Especially to my laziness that seems to blowing out of proportion!

On my Ankara baffs note…. In the light of warmer weather I decide to brave wearing my native attire once again… so on deciding on what to wear to church today I pick out my shine-shine style Ankara and beam to myself….Ankara never looked soo good! I felt like an ambassador for Nigeria as I put it on and boldly trotted the streets of Paris!
On my way to church and in church I could feel the eyes poking my fabric wondering what on earth I was wearing…but one girl loved it and even begged me to bring from Africa when I go and come back! Also I got some looks from some African women at the metro(who were from some other West African country I'm guessing) that wondered if I was one of them and I'm sure at the sound of my English and sheer disapproval at them they ignored me… not that i wanted their conversation either! but they too were rocking their Ankara in true obese African woman style and I was feeling it!

I cleaned my flat today and in the light of the season Spring…I did give it a "Spring" cleaning! My grandmother would be proud of me if she saw my flat now!! All shiny and scrubbed to perfection…(however on second thoughts I don’t want her to see it…she would find something wrong and make us do the whole place all over again!!!!)
Before church today, for some odd reason I went OIS (Olashore International School)tripping on Facebook! Went to the group page and Lord was I missing those days of secondary school! Going through so many of my seniors pictures…gosh did they look so terribly razz now…but then they were the sh**!

Looking then and now I was so amazed to see how life happens and people change…. I mean the so called razz ones are now blokes and babes!!! People are married with Kids! (Some have had Kids without marriage sef)People have gone from skinny to fat or muscular! People have graduated from all sorts of grad schools, working at great corporations and so on…
Looking at the photos made realize I am not in the position to judge anyone’s now…I can only look to their future! How immature we were those days…hard people, razz people “Janded” people, messing with teachers, scaling activities and so on…
But I'm glad to know most of us are doing well though and have changed for the better…

Events to look forward to…
1. My mum gets in on the 28th by God’s grace…hope she can fly at least to London with this Volcano that decided to erupt!
2. I graduate first week in May…Just Basic Cuisine which is the first part of my Diploma…
3. My dinner party on Wed…that I have already mentioned
4. And the Possibility of going to Spain…..

I'm praying that I would be able to move by the first week in may as well to a beautiful newly furnished apartment that closer to school and wwaayyy cheaper!!!
To everyone who’s praying for me, supporting my dream and so on…God bless you and May your own dreams see the Light of Day….
A Bientot!

2 comments:

ALUDOGBU OGOCHUKWU said...

WELDONE BRO!!!...PLS DNT 4GET 2 PRAY 4 ME....COS MEHN...I NID PRAYERS...TAKIA DEAR...I LL BE PRAYIN 4 U.

Fregene "Awesome Dude" Gbubemi said...

Ogo thanks...May God grant you your heart desires!!! xxxx

Post a Comment