Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It only Gets Better....Still Dancing

28 April 2010

I can now finally type this after surviving a hell of a day at school yesterday! 8:30am-6pm! “Like someone said un top say I want learn how to cook rice?” but the dream is alive and I can’t shout!
The highlight of my day is the fact that my mum gets in today…*dancing Arlanta **sliently praying for peace to reign too*

I would try an d recollect the last two days of awesomeness…..
First, let me share my joy of finally having a Camera to have, to hold and to also call my own! I can finally relive my BB of its forced SLR functions!!!! It’s a Fujifilm 10megapixel 12x optical zoom…it’s not my dream Nikon 5000SLR camera but it works….so YYAAYYY! I have a few projects lined up for it already…asides from my everyday collection of pictures from school, I have a black and white/monochrome idea of the streets of Paris; then two gardens; Jardin Luxembourg and Saint Cour Emilion…so I think that makes three right?

Like my title reads…my dancing continues…God really answered my prayers of reliving me of my depression on Saturday…so as part of my answered prayer for company I can relate with in Paris…Jon Lee…a pastry chef who I hook up with from church sends me a text asking if I was free for hooking up… and since I had only an 8:30am class…my answer was like…..hell yeah! Was I up for hooking up!
So we meet at Madeline which is like one of the poshest zones…so he takes me round a few high end/boutique dessert stores like FOUCHAN and LA MAISON DU CHOCO LAT…shops like this make Chocolat Royale and Ice cream factory look like MR BIGGS! Lord have mercy! It was beautiful!!!!
At FOUCHAN (pronounced foe-shun btw) in particular the attention to presentation was beyond belief! The desserts where like Jewels or something out of photoshop! Even their savoury lines of mini meals were finer than fine dining! I couldn’t help but wonder if they were edible or not! But when éclairs are 6 Euros for one….all we could do was “regarderz” (to look in French).

At LA MIASION DU CHOCOLAT I almost lost my mind (and where friends of mine like Adeiye Oteju in particular would have died and gone to heaven from)…it was just a real chocolate lovers Heaven! Chocolate I could even pronounce the name…u kno say when Gbubemi Master Chef don confuse..Indomine don bekom garri!…(I'm not sure that makes sense…just forming D’BANJ)
Through our tour I had expressed my emotions of bewilderment and unadulterated astonishment but still…..I did my best to curb my raw Nigerian exclamations like “yehh! “Mo gbe!” “Chai!” “E wooo” by providing my environment with sheer expressions of moderate amazement and silence with a glint of admiration in my eyes….nothing more. We go to other gourmet specialties stores like the Bon Marche where Cured Ham was 34 Euros! And thought to myself “shey I go kuku ma buy pig slaughter am by myself ke?!” kai! Poverty!
Still, it was a most thrilling experience looking through this gourmet vastness !

Our grades for the first half of school gets in and I'm not so happy with my average….I had like 66% and I was graded on my general class average (trust me my class has some not so great cooks in it…) and that was terribly poor to start with! Gosh!!!! But I didn’t let that get me down…this is basic…I must learn the basic and aster them even if I make mistakes…or my class average is crap…and it’s not how I start but how I finish!

So yesterday the 27th was a crazy long day at school! Two practical classes and a demo! 8:30am till 6pm!!! Shey na me want Chef life…..I was an assistant for this week as well and it wasn’t funny…running up and down making sure everybody’s good… I always seemed to be like 15 mins behind everyone but like lighting I cooked and still met up when it was time for presentation and boy did I score! Both my Dishes rocked!!! My Beef Sirloin roast received a 4 star rating from the chef…but felt I had gone overboard with black pepper…but he loved my presentation….. but I had to cook my beef medium rare…aka raw in the middle…and yes I ate it like that…it’s not so bad actually…but u can’t eat much of it… but as I dug my teeth into the crimson red-uncooked centre and chewed gently….it I could only relay the thoughts average Nigerian for that matter “but d meat never done na?!” “kai! Oyibo dey chop rubbish!” “no pepper sef for the chop” “mcheww” “eehmmm nonsense food” “abeg how I go dey chop blood”

Moving on, I just found out that I have only 10 days holiday after my basic course then I have only 4 days holiday between my second term and last term! Omo I can like to process my visa ke! London here I come! *praying it won’t cost a billion to do o!*
And on the note of losing weight…I finally went running this morning!!!! YAAAYY!! At 8am I rose and slipped into my sportswear I had gotten from Decathlon with Jon’s help…(the cycler pants I got I actually rebelled buying I thought of how sexy I would look in them..I mean I'm not like Usian Bolt or some GQ model with a slim figure and ripped abs…I'm hoping to get there…but they don’t look so bad) and start from my street…on the way to Jardin Luxembourg which is arguably the biggest jog spot in Paris…omo after like 15 mins of forming Olympic runner…my body started to shout at me and reminding me of the evil I had done to it of overeating and no exercise….my legs started to hurt, my out of breathiness was legendary…”GOSH I'M I UNFIT!” was my racing thought…but I kept going and brisk walking so I can get back to this rhythm and shed this weight! I felt like bullied whale or sea lion after my run but…I shall press towards the mark! In fact on my way I saw a scale in the garden but I think I ran with full speed past it!....too scared to think of what I weigh now! And another battle to be Victor and not vanquished in is School…the food is becoming sickening!

Yesterday for example has left me with at least 2 kilos of beef and a pack of mashed potatoes! And it’s hindering even the possibility of my diet working! *deep sighs*

Just watched Glee episode 16! I can’t even shout!

I'm praying to God seriously I can move houses….this overpriced box is just not it!
So to all of you that have shown and still showing love…I'm too grateful!

To my family una too mussshhh!!! Aunty Rosalind…thanks for being the only adult that religiously follows my blog!

So expect my picture projects….coming soon!

A Bientot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment