Saturday, June 5, 2010

The May Finale

May 29, 2010

NOW THAT I HAVE A SMALL HOLIDAY…..

As I type this…I literally just coming from buying a blender that I have been doing serious ijebu to buy….so after even calling my mum to consult whether I should buy it or not at 9am in the morning(she had to ask if there was a problem) she just verified that If I could afford it…well its 30 Euros it’s not overtly pricey but not cheap at the same time…then I lamented over the billions I had spent in the last week over my exams..I had to get some new utensils, pay for a concert ticket, bought new earphones (that were freaking 20 Euros!!!!) and so much I can’t even remember now and I have my utility bills to pay!!!! CHEI!!! CHINEKE BIKO!!! ABASI MBOK!!! *DEEP HEAVY SIGHS*

Anyway I have bought the blender…stew making and sundry would not be an uphill task anymore…with me cutting all my veg with a steak knife!!!!! (Student life na suffa!!)
My week has been great!! Like absolutely!! I'm seeing the promises of God coming to pass daily even though sometimes it’s hard to believe I still tell Him I trust Him and He should guide me…but the highlights of this week has to be the build up to my exam and the exam itself and my trip to Chateau Rouge..(its always a story right?!)

Exam build up/Exam
I had my exams on the 26th of may before the day before that is was our last demonstration and during the class I just kept on staring at the clock for the class to be over…because I needed to get out to do my laundry (I had to be squeaky clean for my exam) get some utensils for my exams like my sponges and spatulas and so on, so I'm more organized during my cooking and not running around like a frazzled waiter!…on my way out of the demo its starts raining seriously and it’s a nightmare as I got into a bigger mess by trying to locate a food store I had never been to in Chatelet then travelling to Place D’Italie to get the stuff I needed and I got them for cheap…but however…I missed connect group meeting from church because of the shopping I had to do…*sighs* I was soo burnt! But oh well…arriving home I rush to the Laundromat and gracefully they were still opened so I set my uniforms to wash…when it was time to dry I could not as the time for the last drying time was over! Shooott!! And my exam was at 8:30am the next day!!!yeh! But someone at the laundry tells me to try another one close to the metro…like Usain Bolt…I jet to the place and thankfully I could dry my clothes! While I was ironing my clothes against the next day…all that ran thru my mind was

“omo make I iron shap shap…I wan sleep!” I even felt bad…should I not have been praying silently in tongues or something…I'm here thinking of how to sleep…well I had to be up at 6am to get to school early enough to sharpen my knives before the exam…
Before my alarm went off at 6:01am precisely I had beaten it by at least 5mins…I was already up…I swear in my sleep I heard my name…and my eyes popped open! Off course I snoozed for like 10mins but the thought of arriving late wasn’t settling enough for my snooze to be relished so I get up and look at the Word as I open my Open heaven devotional to the scripture of the day its Psalm 3:3..”for thou o Lord Art a Shield for me” I won’t lie I was in tears…how could God be so mindful of me perfect word for the day! When that was over I briskly shower and so on…and by 7:10 I was en route to school…as I arrived school I felt like an efiko…I was the first person to arrive! I felt forward!!! But what could I care…I hadn’t sharpened my knives!!! So dressed in my complete uniform, sharpened knives,, new kitchen accessories I go through my recipes one last time…silently praying I get a fish dish…no time to truss and roast any chicken abeg!

So when 8:25 beckoned, up to the class my class mates and I went and we were called in one after the other and we randomly picked from the bag and Voila I got the fish dish!!! So excitedly I get in to work trying not to be intimidated by anyone…Naomi a Japanese lady next to me was doing Fish as well so was Leonardo and Juan…hmmm good cooks mehn…I had to calm down and not be oppressed because Naomi was cooking at the speed of Light! And Leo was doing his thing as usual but…my confidence stood…as I remembered what I read in the my Bible….
My cooking went well…but I forgot to season!!!! But thankfully it was fish so…the butter and the wine had given it enough flavour so I wasn’t too bothered….I almost forgot to serve my potatoes but did so at the end and I finished in good time and voila it was over!

After our exam a bunch of us excluding Ana!!! the forward woman!!! I(n fact her story I won’t even waste my time to write it…she’s CRAZY finish!!!! )We sit to have some drinks.. I had some hot chocolate as it was raining…then the others had beer and the Japanese girls in my class sat and also planned a party that we are having on the 31st or 1st of June…I offered to bring Jollof and Dodo…yes! Dey gast taste some pepper!!!!
As we leave the rain is still pouring but I remember I had promised some new friends of mine Lara and Noor that I would call them back and hook up. Lara and Noor by the way are two lovely beautiful Arab girls. And if you have been following and following religiously like my Aunty Rosalind (whom I love soo much by the way for doing so) you would recall I met Lara during the promotional video. They are in intermediate and in a few days now superior since we are all changing levels! So I ditch my friend Inigo for the babes…kai see me bad friend! Butit was the best decision made ever!!!

Meeting up at Noor’s place was great!!! They really entertained me!! Noor danced; which was hilarious!!! When we realized we were all starving Marvin (even after my 6 chicken wing meal I gorged down my belly while on my way and when I was there ) We went out and they got stuff for Risotto and they got butter to practice their Béarnaise sauce for their exam the following day. After our market trip in the rain and resorting to buy lamb from a supermarket instead of a butcher we head back to Noor’s place and start cooking, Lara was in charge of the Risotto and mehn can she cook!!! It was a mushroom risotto she made with red bell peppers….trust me it was delicious!!! During the cooking she talked with me and was really cool, we chatted about our passion for food, our lives before now, people at school, and generally stuff all over some good chardonnay…*sigh…the life* so yeah it was a great afternoon but I had to head home….
I won’t lie I have been in lazy mode again….I always seem to settle for the easier way out by sitting in front of my laptop!!! I should have blogged since but oh well….I was so lazy I cleaned my apartment and eventually cooked at midnight!!!! I made Egusi which failed woefully…I have no clue why but tit did…not sure what I didn’t do right! As my pot heated and realised the near wildfire fumes from my bleaching oil palm at midnight in the bid to cook Egusi… I could only help but wonder what my neighbours would have thought of me?

1. This boy tu es malade?
2. Is he committing suicide?
3. Or is he trying to kill us all?

As I pondered on those thoughts I could help but laugh to myself and still venture to cook this food….
At 3 in the morning when the residue of the smoke that was now burning my chest was leaving the room I finally lay down to rest….as I woke up….I start to cook again! Grs ofosh! So a semibukka style stew was made after a few hours of blending, frying, stirring and normal kitchen action….the stew was on check!
On the internet though one interesting thing I have been doing is reading Joke Ladoja’s column on NEXT24 website…she writes in their fashion column élan and I think she is FABULOUS!!! Pls check it out or buy NEXT ON SUNDAY to read élan…check out Rukky’s Frocks then my recent addiction has been Twitter and Big Bang Theory(….that has contributed greatly to my laziness) and honestly I still don’t understand Twitter…I mean any small thing you have said something..sorry “TWEETED” gosh!! I still prefer my Facebook but I'm getting a hang of it….

As I finish this I hope I post on time…my laziness is always getting the best of me.. i ahve to stop this......but when I do it I do it….

I love my family member to bits…and everyone who is solidly behind me…

God bless you all!

A Bientot!

1 comments:

Giagerry said...

woooooooah!!!
Fregz u specialize in long posts mehn!!
LOL---loooove the new layout btw--very very nice!

Post a Comment